Monday, February 19, 2007

The Beginning of an Era


I wanted to give a whole "...little 'bout myself" introduction, but I think that it's better to be a little mysterious. Maybe even go by an alias. So for now I'll just keep it simple:

Hi, my name's Taylor. I don't mean to clog up the "blogosphere" with yet another average blog of attempted wit and pretense, but I honestly just wanted to give this thing a try. I don't know if it will be interesting to anyone, and while I feel a bit self conscious about what I'm writing, I hope that maybe over the course of time, the things I have to say will make people wanna hear more, and maybe inspire them to start their own blogs (which I will gladly follow up on especially if I really was the inspiration)......Ok well that was kind of endearing, but a little bland. I may have won over some of the heart throb pre-teens, but I think I need to be a little more edgy if I'm gonna gain the trust of my more hip/contemporary constituency.

So I recently moved out to California and found a really great apartment in LA. Actually, it's sort of on the cusp of Los Angeles and West Hollywood. For those that don't know, Los Angeles is considered a hip center of commerce and pop culture. Where as West Hollywood, more aptly nicknamed "WeHo", is considered by many to be the gay capital of LA - and seemingly sometimes the world. So it seems suiting for me that I would be living on the border of the two areas. Noo. I'm not gay or bi-curious or metrosexual or any other recently popularized sexual fad. I'm just your average Type B personality trying to occasionally prove his manhood (mostly to himself) in anyway he can as long as it doesn't involve sports, building things with my bare hands, lifting heavy metal objects repeatedly, or mass consumption of beer.

Anyways, this is me. And the entries to follow are simply my thoughts and updates on the world as I see it. So I'll see ya around.

2 comments:

BOAW said...

I like that you called yourself 'type b.' I don't think their are enough of you in L.A. or in my life. (gay sounding? a little). I will be reading your blog, oh yes...I will.

beth said...

i need more TAY TAY TAY! update this shit, sweetcheeks! so mckall lives in WeHo too. seriously yall need to BE FRIENDS! like meet up for lunch or something. yall would LOVE each other and be great friends! anywayyy ive commented on your blog, now its your turn.